* url fontification fails with `{'
@ 2002-05-05 22:01 Bill White
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bill White @ 2002-05-05 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is from the Explorator mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Explorator/messages

In my gnus, url fontification stops at the `=' character.  Oort Gnus
v0.07 from cvs, GNU Emacs 21.2.50.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2002-04-29 on billwlx

CRIME BEAT
At a memorial for the four Canadians killed in that 'friendly fire'
incident in Afghanistan, our Governess-General appears to have
quoted from Pericles' Funeral Oration (although true to form, Canadian
journalists seem unable to 'name the name'):

http://canada.com/news/story.asp?id={7157C231-B4AF-441E-993F-6D902B45ED6B}

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: url fontification fails with `{'
@ 2002-05-05 22:16 ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2002-05-05 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun May 05 2002 at 17:01, Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> said:

> This is from the Explorator mailing list at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Explorator/messages
>
> In my gnus, url fontification stops at the `=' character.  Oort Gnus
> v0.07 from cvs, GNU Emacs 21.2.50.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
> Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2002-04-29 on billwlx

And when hitting <RET> on the url, the url that's sent to my browser
is also truncated after the `='.

@ 2002-05-06 10:05 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-06 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> In my gnus, url fontification stops at the `=' character.

I'm sure there is a simple regexp somehwere which says what
characters are allowed in URLs.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: url fontification fails with `{'
@ 2002-05-10 15:50 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-05-10 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

billw@wolfram.com (Bill White) writes:

> In my gnus, url fontification stops at the `=' character.  Oort Gnus
>
> http://canada.com/news/story.asp?id={7157C231-B4AF-441E-993F-6D902B45ED6B}

The problem is that { and } have to be encoded in URLs.  RFC 1738 says:

   Other characters are unsafe because gateways and other transport
   agents are known to sometimes modify such characters. These

   All unsafe characters must always be encoded within a URL.

If you want to allow them, you can add them to `gnus-button-url-regexp'.

--
Cheers,
Jesper Harder