* (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m) and Chinese
@ 2002-03-28  9:04 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-28  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the above setting, which is really nice.  Now, however, I
can't see Chinese (nor Korean) characters anymore in my spam.

Does anyone know what I should do to be able to display CJK correctly
with w3m?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m) and Chinese
@ 2002-03-28 10:09 ` TSUCHIYA Masatoshi
From: TSUCHIYA Masatoshi @ 2002-03-28 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:04:14 +0100
>> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) said as follows:

>I have the above setting, which is really nice.  Now, however, I
>can't see Chinese (nor Korean) characters anymore in my spam.

>Does anyone know what I should do to be able to display CJK correctly
>with w3m?

There are two way to view them.  The first way is to install Mule-UCS
and set t to `w3m-use-mule-ucs'.  The another way is to use w3mmee or
w3m-m17n, which are internationalized variants of w3m.

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi

* Re: (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m) and Chinese
@ 2002-03-29 11:00   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-29 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@pine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> There are two way to view them.  The first way is to install Mule-UCS
> and set t to `w3m-use-mule-ucs'.  The another way is to use w3mmee or
> w3m-m17n, which are internationalized variants of w3m.

Very nice.  I installed w3mmee, and I (setq w3m-type 'w3mmee) and now
I can see Chinese spam nicely :-)

Thanks a lot!

kai
--

@ 2002-03-31 21:51     ` Andreas Büsching
From: Andreas Büsching @ 2002-03-31 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) wrote:

> TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@pine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:
>
>> There are two way to view them.  The first way is to install Mule-UCS
>> and set t to `w3m-use-mule-ucs'.  The another way is to use w3mmee or
>> w3m-m17n, which are internationalized variants of w3m.
>
> Very nice.  I installed w3mmee, and I (setq w3m-type 'w3mmee) and now
> I can see Chinese spam nicely :-)

Cool, I found someone who also likes to read chinese spam mails ;-) These
charaters are that nice aren't they?

crunchy

--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature