* S D r: bad interaction with TM and/or SEMI
@ 1997-10-21  7:50 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-10-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In all versions of TM and SEMI that I've used recently, I've had
problems with S D r.  The symptom now (Gnus 5.5, SEMI 0.X) is that I
get "wrong type argument: keymapp nil" the first time I do S D r and
"Already editing MIME message" the second time.

I venture to guess that this is because Gnus sets up a message buffer
for the resend, complete with all hooks.  But there is really no sense
in running the MIME editing setup hook -- either the message is
already MIME-ified, in which case the hook shouldn't run, or it isn't,
in which case the hook shouldn't run, either.

I suggest that message-setup-hook (and similar hooks) be temporarily
set to nil when setting up a message buffer for S D r.

S D b works fine, btw.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: S D r: bad interaction with TM and/or SEMI
@ 1997-10-21 14:50 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1997-10-21 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann writes:

> In all versions of TM and SEMI that I've used recently, I've had
> problems with S D r.  The symptom now (Gnus 5.5, SEMI 0.X) is that I
> get "wrong type argument: keymapp nil" the first time I do S D r and
> "Already editing MIME message" the second time.

Just for an extra data-point, I am running Gnus 5.5 with tm-edit 7.108m
on XEmacs 20.3, and I do not seem to have this problem (I just forwarded
your message to myself).  It is probably something within a SEMI hook.

--
export-a-crypto-system, see: http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/

* Re: S D r: bad interaction with TM and/or SEMI
@ 1997-10-21 15:06   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-10-21 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Colin> Just for an extra data-point, I am running Gnus 5.5 with
  Colin> tm-edit 7.108m on XEmacs 20.3, and I do not seem to have this
  Colin> problem (I just forwarded your message to myself).  It is
  Colin> probably something within a SEMI hook.

OK, I'll send a bug report to Tomo.

kai
--