* MIME forwarding and signatures
@ 1999-12-13  3:37 Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1999-12-13  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

When forwarding a message with Som or Sop, is there any way to get one's
signature before the forwarded message rather than after it?  I'd rather
only create a two-part message instead of a three-part one, plus if I
decide I don't need to add any additional commentary and the signature is
right at the top I can just delete the signature and Gnus then correctly
sends a single message/rfc822 message instead of a multipart.

Plus, I think having the forwarded message after my signature looks
better.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: MIME forwarding and signatures
@ 1999-12-13 20:10 ` Nathan Williams
From: Nathan Williams @ 1999-12-13 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> When forwarding a message with Som or Sop, is there any way to get one's
> signature before the forwarded message rather than after it?  I'd rather
> only create a two-part message instead of a three-part one, plus if I
> decide I don't need to add any additional commentary and the signature is
> right at the top I can just delete the signature and Gnus then correctly
> sends a single message/rfc822 message instead of a multipart.
>
> Plus, I think having the forwarded message after my signature looks
> better.

There was a thread about this in mid-to-late September under the
subject "extra .ATT attachments?". There was a complete lack of
consensus on the aesthetics of signature-position with respect to
attachments (which in this case includes your forwarded message).

        - Nathan

* Re: MIME forwarding and signatures
@ 1999-12-21 20:22   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-21 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nathan Williams <nwilliams@primeon.com> writes:

> [...] There was a complete lack of consensus on the aesthetics of
> signature-position with respect to attachments (which in this case
> includes your forwarded message).

Well, the Way of the Gnus is to offer a user option, isn't it?

kai