* ftp of FAQ through firewall
@ 1998-10-14  9:49 Jean-Yves Perrier
From: Jean-Yves Perrier @ 1998-10-14  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I try to do H f to fetch the FAQ directly from Gnus, I never succeed as
I need to go through a proxy.

W3 handles such proxies. Is there a way so to tell Gnus to use such a proxy?
--
Jean-Yves

* Re: ftp of FAQ through firewall
@ 1998-10-14 13:23 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-10-14 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > When I try to do H f to fetch the FAQ directly from Gnus, I never
  > succeed as I need to go through a proxy.

Tell ange-ftp about your proxy.  See the various variables
ange-ftp-gateway-*.

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte

* Re: ftp of FAQ through firewall
@ 1998-10-18  1:15 ` William Perry
From: William Perry @ 1998-10-18  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jean-Yves Perrier <perrier@nagra-kudelski.ch> writes:

> When I try to do H f to fetch the FAQ directly from Gnus, I never succeed
> as I need to go through a proxy.
>
> W3 handles such proxies. Is there a way so to tell Gnus to use such a
> proxy?

  Do you need to go through an HTTP proxy to get the FAQ, or an FTP proxy?

-Bill P.