* Re: [Message] Request: message-set-field
       [not found] <wtn1z8oo09n.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 1999-12-21 20:58 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <wtn4sdbruvb.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-21 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> It would be nice if there existed a function that took two arguments,
> the field and the value, and sat the corresponding field to the value.
> It could be used in functions like my js-gnus-message-change-subject.

Well, there are message-remove-header and message-remove-first-header,
and then there is message-add-header.  Does that help?

kai

@ 1999-12-22 16:41     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-22 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> I was thinking on adding (js-gnus-message-change-subject-was "var") to
> some Swedish groups' paramters but when I do a follow-up it is not
> longer "var" but "was". This makes sense since group parameters are
> buffer local, but how do I make it propergate to my follow-ups?

I think that Lars has included some code which copied all buffer-local
variables from the summary buffer into the message buffer.  Or was it
from the summary buffer into the article buffer?

Does anybody know about the status of this code?  Is it still there?
If so, why does it not work?

kai

* Re: [Message] Request: message-set-field
@ 2000-01-11 11:37       ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 2000-01-11 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

0> In article <vafn1r3ylkq.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>, Kai wrote:

Kai> Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

>> I was thinking on adding (js-gnus-message-change-subject-was "var")
>> to some Swedish groups' paramters but when I do a follow-up it is
>> not longer "var" but "was". This makes sense since group parameters
>> are buffer local, but how do I make it propergate to my follow-ups?

Kai> I think that Lars has included some code which copied all
Kai> buffer-local variables from the summary buffer into the
Kai> message buffer.  Or was it from the summary buffer into the
Kai> article buffer?
Kai>
Kai> Does anybody know about the status of this code?  Is it still
Kai> there?  If so, why does it not work?

I think it only copies buffer-local variables whose names begin with
gnus- or message-.  I still think that localising the "was" string when
sending is a bad idea, for the same reason as localising "Re" is bad.
I think it should be localised at the recipient for display.  Otherwise
code to help manage subject lines needs a huge set of possible strings
to match.