* [ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>] Re: (void-function overlay-lists)
@ 2000-10-06 13:55 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-10-06 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following message contains two `Rene ... writes:' lines.  The
first one is blue, the second one is black.  Do you also see that?
Why does it happen?

(Also, the first `writes:' is a button, the second isn't.)

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3222 bytes --]

From: ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: (void-function overlay-lists)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:36:31 -0400

"Rene H. Larsen" <rhl@traceroute.dk> writes:

> With current CVS gnus I get this backtrace when trying to access any
> article:
>
> Signaling: (void-function overlay-lists)
>   overlay-lists()
>   gnus-kill-all-overlays()
>   gnus-request-article-this-buffer(3977 "nnimap+mail:lists.gnus.ding")
>   gnus-article-prepare(3977 nil)
>   gnus-summary-display-article(3977 nil)
>   gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
>   gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
>   call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up)
>
> This is on XEmacs 21.1.12.

"Rene H. Larsen" <rhl@traceroute.dk> writes:

> After having sent this bug report it "magically" worked until I
> restarted XEmacs, and then it complained again.  I suppose someone
> forgot a (require 'overlay) somewhere.

gnus-kill-all-overlays should be an alias of
gnus-xmas-kill-all-overlays (in gnus-xmas.el) when Gnus runs in
XEmacs, so XEmacs' FSF compatible overaly package is not required.
But it possibly is a problem of loading order.  Could you check why
gnus-util.el is loaded after gnus-xmas.el?

ShengHuo

* Re: [ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>] Re: (void-function overlay-lists)
@ 2000-10-06 16:20 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-10-06 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The following message contains two `Rene ... writes:' lines.  The
> first one is blue, the second one is black.  Do you also see that?
> Why does it happen?
>
> (Also, the first `writes:' is a button, the second isn't.)

It's a rule like one button for one citation (the same prefix).  In my
message, there was only one citation prefixed with ">" though it

@ 2000-10-06 16:46   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-10-06 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 06 Oct 2000, ShengHuo ZHU wrote:

> It's a rule like one button for one citation (the same prefix).

Ah!  Got that.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.