* delete to begin of line
@ 2002-01-04  9:38 Frank Tegtmeyer
From: Frank Tegtmeyer @ 2002-01-04  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

for several months I had the following in my .emacs file:

;; Keyboard macro
 (defalias 'delete-to-begin-of-line
 (read-kbd-macro "C-SPC C-a C-w"))
 (global-set-key "\C-o" 'delete-to-begin-of-line)

Yesterday without any visible reason Gnus (Gnus/5.0807 (Gnus v5.8.7)
XEmacs/21.1 (Cuyahoga Valley)) started to print errors during reading
and writing mails.

When opening a mail message it showed:
Wrong type argument: arrayp, -A

The same during writing a mail. It also placed the cursor in colum
1 of the To: header.

Is there a better way to implement "delete to begin of line", or is it
already somewhere?

Regards, Frank

* Re: delete to begin of line
@ 2002-01-04  9:57 ` Frank Tegtmeyer
From: Frank Tegtmeyer @ 2002-01-04  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Tegtmeyer <fte@lightwerk.com> writes:

> ;; Keyboard macro
>  (defalias 'delete-to-begin-of-line
>  (read-kbd-macro "C-SPC C-a C-w"))
>  (global-set-key "\C-o" 'delete-to-begin-of-line)

Sorry, this was not the reason.

The reason was BBDB - when I remove all bbdb settings, it works
again.

Regards, Frank

* Re: delete to begin of line
@ 2002-01-04 17:13 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-01-04 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Tegtmeyer <fte@lightwerk.com> writes:

> Is there a better way to implement "delete to begin of line", or is it
> already somewhere?

C-0 C-k can do it.  Except that it works different from C-SPC C-a C-w
in message mode in a header, because C-a in message-mode does not do
beginning-of-line...

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)