From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Date: 29 Dec 1999 21:46:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> Could it be that the population of the Gnus list really *do* have
> real lives and in that way, really *are* different than the majority
> of us net denizens?  :):)

Well, Lars is our idol, and he has been having a life, lately.
Presumably, we have all tried to be like him!

(As far as I'm concerned, I have actually gotten to know a very
strange creature, I think it's called femilie or something like this.
It's very strange.  It seems it can be in two places at the same time:
you hear the toilet flushing while talking to it, even if you're not
in the bathroom.  Also, it seems to want to talk about unusual
subjects like the weather and what are we going to have for dinner.
And don't let me begin to talk about the food!  I mean, _proper_
dinner is a cold pizza or a cheeseburger and fries, right?  Not this
strange stuff called vedge-tables and sall-ade.  And they don't drink
coke like everyone else, they drink something called whine (what a
name) or jews (surely we wouldn't want to drink _people_???).  And
they keep strange pets.  This thing sure looked a lot like a fir tree,
but it seemed to be growing a beard or something -- in silver, of all
colors!  And these big ear-rings, more like spheres.  It didn't seem
to move much.  I tried to pet it, but it bit me, or stabbed me, or
something.  Ouch!)

kai