* nnrss: how to show the data, too?
@ 2002-02-08 15:04 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-02-08 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've played a bit with nnrss and I think it would be nifty if it could
show the data, too, not just the headline.

Is it possible to embed some hook inside nnrss so that I can put a
customizable fetch-the-content function there which does what I
need?  Then the fetch-the-content functions could be contributed for
various RSS sources.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

* Re: nnrss: how to show the data, too?
@ 2002-02-08 15:46 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've played a bit with nnrss and I think it would be nifty if it could
> show the data, too, not just the headline.
>
> Is it possible to embed some hook inside nnrss so that I can put a
> customizable fetch-the-content function there which does what I
> need?  Then the fetch-the-content functions could be contributed for
> various RSS sources.

I just added nnrss-content-function. E.g

    (setq nnrss-content-function
          (lambda (entry group article)
              ...))

where ENTRY is (num timestamp url subject author date extra).

I believe you know how to play it, because you are Kai.

ShengHuo

* Re: nnrss: how to show the data, too?
@ 2002-02-11  9:14   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-02-11  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> I just added nnrss-content-function. E.g

Very nice!  Thanks a lot.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)