* problem with pdf attachment
@ 2000-03-03 19:32 lconrad
From: lconrad @ 2000-03-03 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

The message where this bug occurred involved a very large attachment,
so if anyone needs to see the problem _in situ_, I can forward it to
them, or put it on my website.

I got an application/pdf attachment sent from:

When I saved the attachment by right-clicking the button, I got a file
that pdf viewers didn't recognize.  It looked like it was still
encoded -- all the lines were the same length, and consisted entirely
of ascii characters.  When my correspondent zipped the pdf and sent it
as an application/octet-stream it decoded and unzipped fine.  I don't
know whether this is a problem with the mozilla encoding or the gnus
decoding, but something is wrong.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574

* Re: problem with pdf attachment
@ 2000-03-04 16:41 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

lconrad@world.std.com writes:

> When I saved the attachment by right-clicking the button, I got a file
> that pdf viewers didn't recognize.  It looked like it was still
> encoded -- all the lines were the same length, and consisted entirely
> of ascii characters.

Can you say `C-u g' on that message and show us the headers of that
MIME part?  Maybe the Content-transfer-encoding is wrong?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: problem with pdf attachment
@ 2000-03-04 17:51   ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-03-04 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Kai> lconrad@world.std.com writes:
    >> When I saved the attachment by right-clicking the button, I got a file
    >> that pdf viewers didn't recognize.  It looked like it was still
    >> encoded -- all the lines were the same length, and consisted entirely
    >> of ascii characters.

    Kai> Can you say `C-u g' on that message and show us the headers of that
    Kai> MIME part?  Maybe the Content-transfer-encoding is wrong?

--------------57B40B3B82B6796B6B5E4E86

JVBERi0xLjIgDQol4uPP0w0KIA0KNyAwIG9iag0KPDwNCi9MZW5ndGggOCAwIFINCi9GaWx0
ZXIgL0xaV0RlY29kZSANCj4+DQpzdHJlYW0NCoAMRBAoEcjOIAaMhwLhmMhANxwM4YNhANRn

--

@ 2000-03-04 18:39     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-04 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Laura Conrad <lconrad@world.std.com> writes:

> JVBERi0xLjIgDQol4uPP0w0KIA0KNyAwIG9iag0KPDwNCi9MZW5ndGggOCAwIFINCi9GaWx0
> ZXIgL0xaV0RlY29kZSANCj4+DQpzdHJlYW0NCoAMRBAoEcjOIAaMhwLhmMhANxwM4YNhANRn

The headers look good, but does the stuff that Gnus is saving into the
file also start like this?

Maybe the sender has base64-encoded the PDF file twice?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory