* line length checking doesn't ignore MML
@ 2000-02-18 12:12 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-02-18 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I position point at the end of the message buffer, then say C-c
C-a, then enter stuff, I get an MML line which is longer than 79
characters.  When hitting C-c C-c, Gnus complains about the long line.

Is anyone seeing this, too?

(Maybe Gnus only complains if the attachment is after the signature,
I'm not sure.)

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: line length checking doesn't ignore MML
@ 2000-04-20 21:03 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I position point at the end of the message buffer, then say C-c
> C-a, then enter stuff, I get an MML line which is longer than 79
> characters.  When hitting C-c C-c, Gnus complains about the long line.
>
> Is anyone seeing this, too?

If I `C-c C-a's and gets a long MML line, Message does not complain to
me.  (I've just tested lightly.)

* Re: line length checking doesn't ignore MML
@ 2000-04-20 21:44   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-20 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If I `C-c C-a's and gets a long MML line, Message does not complain to
> me.  (I've just tested lightly.)

Right, now I can't reproduce this, anymore, either.  I'll submit a bug
report if I ever see this again (hopefully with instructions for
reproducing).

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.