* Avoid paren matching across header/body boundary
@ 2001-01-04 18:43 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-01-04 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you have a header "X-Foo: (", then a single ")" in the body is
wrongly highlighted as matching by M-x show-paren-mode RET, when
composing a message.  Is there any possibility to avoid this?

I get hit by this because my X-Face header contains an unmatched open
paren.

kai
--
~/.signature

* Re: Avoid paren matching across header/body boundary
@ 2001-01-04 18:50 ` Charles Sebold
From: Charles Sebold @ 2001-01-04 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 Teveth 5761, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> If you have a header "X-Foo: (", then a single ")" in the body is
> wrongly highlighted as matching by M-x show-paren-mode RET, when
> composing a message.  Is there any possibility to avoid this?
>
> I get hit by this because my X-Face header contains an unmatched open
> paren.

I dodged this by adding my X-Face after the composition, before the
sending:

; insert x-face
(defun mail-insert-x-face ()
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (search-forward mail-header-separator)
    (beginning-of-line nil)
    (insert "X-Face:")
    (insert-file "~/.face")))

(add-hook 'message-send-hook 'mail-insert-x-face)
--
Charles Sebold
Random Answer to an Emacs Very Frequently Asked Question:

* Re: Avoid paren matching across header/body boundary
@ 2001-01-04 21:59   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-01-04 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 04 Jan 2001, Charles Sebold wrote:

> I dodged this by adding my X-Face after the composition, before the
> sending:

Works like a charm.  Thanks.

kai
--