* Slight `B m' history misbehavior
@ 2001-10-06  8:38 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-06  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Suppose I move two messages to nnml:a and two messages to nnml:b, then
I want to move another message to nnml:a.  So I hit `B m' on the first
message which tells me about some default and provides initial
minibuffer contents `nnimap:' (which is the current select method).  I
delete `nnimap:' and put in `nnml:a'.  I hit `B m' on the second
message.  The prompt tells me that `nnml:a' is the default, so even
though the initial minibuffer contents are `nnimap:', as before, I
just hit RET and that works.  I do something similar for the next two
messages.

It would be convenient to retrieve the group name from the history,
but it turns out that the history contains entries like `nnimap:'
because that was the initial minibuffer contents for the second move
to the same group.

Do you agree that after just hitting RET, the (bogus) minibuffer
contents should not be put in the history?

How to achieve that?

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [OK]  [Cancel]

* Re: Slight `B m' history misbehavior
@ 2001-10-06 16:53 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-10-06 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) wrote:
> The prompt tells me that `nnml:a' is the default, so even though the
> initial minibuffer contents are `nnimap:', as before, I just hit RET
> and that works.
> Do you agree that after just hitting RET, the (bogus) minibuffer
> contents should not be put in the history?

I'd say the minibuffer contents should not be bogus.  Let it contain
the default or be empty.

> How to achieve that?

I can't help there.

paul

* Re: Slight `B m' history misbehavior
@ 2001-10-06 19:26   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-06 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> I'd say the minibuffer contents should not be bogus.  Let it contain
> the default or be empty.

The current contents are nicer, because you just have to add the group
name rather than also delete the old group name.

Otherwise we would have to come up with something like the
double-slash trick for filenames, only for group names.

kai
--
Linux provides a nice `poweroff' command, but where is `poweron'?