* Who releases new releases?
@ 2000-10-01 12:15 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-10-01 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that Lars doesn't have much time to work on Gnus anymore.
5.8.7 is quite old now and I don't see that he will be releasing 5.8.8
any time soon.

So, I hereby suggest that somebody be nominated to prepare releases,
too.  How about ShengHuo?  Dave and Simon also come to mind.  I hope
that Lars at least sees the message requesting permission from him...

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Who releases new releases?
@ 2000-10-03 22:53 ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 2000-10-03 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

 KG> So, I hereby suggest that somebody be nominated to prepare
 KG> releases, too.

That would need to be someone with login access to the gnus server.  I
assume we are currently stuck.  It's possible we could distribute from
gnu.org, but I expect that would exclude non-GNU copyrighted files.
(I know rms is concerned about Gnus maintenance.)

* Re: Who releases new releases?
@ 2000-10-04  0:59   ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-10-04  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk> writes:

>  KG> So, I hereby suggest that somebody be nominated to prepare
>  KG> releases, too.
>
> That would need to be someone with login access to the gnus server.  I
> assume we are currently stuck.  It's possible we could distribute from
> gnu.org, but I expect that would exclude non-GNU copyrighted files.
> (I know rms is concerned about Gnus maintenance.)

Lars fixes a few bugs at 18:55 (+0200) today. I guess he is not ready
to release a new version.

ShengHuo

* Re: Who releases new releases?
@ 2000-10-04 18:27     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-10-04 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, ShengHuo ZHU wrote:

> Lars fixes a few bugs at 18:55 (+0200) today. I guess he is not
> ready to release a new version.

Ah.  Of course, Lars being able to work on Gnus is the best
alternative of all!  :-) Hej, Lars!

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.