* pgnus 0.83 doesn't do MIME :(
@ 1999-04-19 13:04 Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-04-19 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm, when I try to include an image into a message in 0.83 the sent
message just includes the raw MML, it doesn't actually seem to do any
encoding, including of files etc. etc.

Obviously this is bad. I'm wondering is anyone else seeing this or did
my patching go AWOL at some point since I jumped from 0.80 to 0.83
without testing any of the itnermediate versions I can't tell where
things changed. I know when I was applying the patch something only
applied with a fuzz factor and quite a few lines off so this *may* be
the problem.

If no-one else sees this then I'll look into my setup in more detail.

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: pgnus 0.83 doesn't do MIME :(
@ 1999-04-19 13:21 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-04-19 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lee Willis <lee@gbdirect.co.uk> writes:

  > Hmm, when I try to include an image into a message in 0.83 the sent
  > message just includes the raw MML, it doesn't actually seem to do any
  > encoding, including of files etc. etc.

0.83 expands MML when sending, but not when Gcc'ing.  As an interim
measure, you might wish to use Bcc rather than Gcc.

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]

* Re: pgnus 0.83 doesn't do MIME :(
@ 1999-04-19 13:52     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-04-19 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lee Willis <lee@gbdirect.co.uk> writes:

  > Not really I don't mind it not expanding it, it's just I was sure it
  > used to and I hadn't noticed the change ...

Hm?  I was trying to say it's a bug, it's already reported (I sent the
bug report), and what you can do to workaround until Lars fixes it.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

kai
--

@ 1999-04-19 13:54   ` Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-04-19 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Lee Willis <lee@gbdirect.co.uk> writes:
>
>   > Hmm, when I try to include an image into a message in 0.83 the sent
>   > message just includes the raw MML, it doesn't actually seem to do any
>   > encoding, including of files etc. etc.
>
> 0.83 expands MML when sending, but not when Gcc'ing.  As an interim
> measure, you might wish to use Bcc rather than Gcc.

Not really I don't mind it not expanding it, it's just I was sure it
used to and I hadn't noticed the change ...

Sorry :(

Lee.