* feature request: gnus-summary-reparent-thread
@ 1998-01-13 13:52 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1998-01-13 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hi,

    In the my private mail and sometimes in mailing lists I want to
    reparent some articles. All goes well as long as the subject stays the
    same, but if subject is not same (while the matter stays same), I
    don't see a nice threading:

    #   Subject-A
        Subject-B

    If I hit T ^ now on the last article it won't show up

        Subject-A
          Subject-B

    unless I first manually go to  Subject-B and "e"dit the subject
    to be the same as Subject-A and only then hit the T ^

    I'd like to have another command that would do essentially the
    same as T ^; but also it would substitute the child's subject
    with the parent subject. This way the threading would be seen.
    Howabout adding prefix argument to T ^ to accomplish this?

    Or is there something I have missed?
    jari

* Re: feature request: gnus-summary-reparent-thread
@ 1998-01-13 14:12 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-01-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari>     In the my private mail and sometimes in mailing lists I
  Jari>     want to reparent some articles. All goes well as long as
  Jari>     the subject stays the same, but if subject is not same
  Jari>     (while the matter stays same), I don't see a nice
  Jari>     threading: [...]

  Jari>     Or is there something I have missed?

I use (setq gnus-thread-ignore-subject t) and reparenting works,
regardless of the subject.  I see no other ill effects.

kai
--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/