* nnimap problem
@ 2002-03-27 17:32 Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-03-27 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

When I rescan (Meta-g) an nnimap group in the Summary buffer, I have
the following imap-log buffer :

63 SELECT "inbox"
* 6 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1017236252] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 40] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\* \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft \Seen)] Permanent flags
63 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed
64 UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED
* SEARCH
64 OK UID SEARCH completed
65 UID SEARCH SEEN
* SEARCH 1 2 3 4 5 6
65 OK UID SEARCH completed
66 UID SEARCH FLAGGED
* SEARCH
66 OK UID SEARCH completed
67 UID SEARCH ANSWERED
* SEARCH
67 OK UID SEARCH completed
68 UID SEARCH RECENT
* SEARCH
68 OK UID SEARCH completed
69 UID SEARCH UID 1:6
* SEARCH 1 2 3 4 5 6
69 OK UID SEARCH completed
70 EXPUNGE
71 CLOSE
72 UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED
70 OK No messages deleted, so no update needed
71 OK CLOSE completed
72 BAD Command unrecognized: UID SEARCH

I have similar errors with any folder. The IMAP server is UW
(2000.287). Gnus v5.8.8 works fine with it.

I updated my cvs copy this morning.

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance.

Nicolas.

* Re: nnimap problem
@ 2002-03-29 13:21 ` Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-03-29 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 70 EXPUNGE
> 71 CLOSE
> 72 UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED
> 70 OK No messages deleted, so no update needed
> 71 OK CLOSE completed
> 72 BAD Command unrecognized: UID SEARCH

I think I have found what's wrong :

- when updating a group in the _Group_ buffer using Meta-G, the nnimap
backend SELECT this group, check for miscelleaneous things, then CLOSE
this group.

- when updating (still with Meta-g) in the _Summary_ buffer, the group
is CLOSEd, but not reSELECTed. So when the UID SEARCH command is sent
to the IMAP server, there is an error.

Anybody to fix this ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.