* [nnimap] articles not expunged
@ 2002-01-14 18:45 Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-01-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I updated my copy of gnus today. Since this time, articles marked as
deleted are not expunged from the imap mailboxes.

I have :

 gnus-select-method '(nnimap "verimag"
			     (nnimap-address "imapserver")
			     (nnimap-expunge-on-close always))

Someone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Nicolas.

* Re: [nnimap] articles not expunged
@ 2002-01-15 10:56 ` Martin Sandiford
From: Martin Sandiford @ 2002-01-15 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a small amount of bustage with nnimap-dont-close variable and
the function nnimap-close-group.

If nnimap-dont-close is set to 't' (default), then groups are not closed
(and not expunged) on exit.  They are closed later, but they are not
expunged then either :(

You can either use "G x" from the group buffer to expunge, or set
nnimap-dont-close to nil via (setq nnimap-dont-close nil) in gnus.el, or
via "M-x customize nnimap" and changing the "Don't Close" option to off.

Martin

@ 2002-01-15 11:22   ` Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-01-15 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Sandiford <ms@mcdev.com.au> writes:

<snip>

> You can either use "G x" from the group buffer to expunge, or set
> nnimap-dont-close to nil via (setq nnimap-dont-close nil) in gnus.el, or
> via "M-x customize nnimap" and changing the "Don't Close" option to off.

This works fine :-).

Thank you very much.

@ 2002-01-15 20:32     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-01-15 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas.Kowalski@imag.fr> writes:

> Martin Sandiford <ms@mcdev.com.au> writes:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> You can either use "G x" from the group buffer to expunge, or
>> set nnimap-dont-close to nil via (setq nnimap-dont-close nil)
>> in gnus.el, or via "M-x customize nnimap" and changing the
>> "Don't Close" option to off.
>
> This works fine :-).

Should be fixed in CVS now.  Please try without any local
customization.

* Re: [nnimap] articles not expunged
@ 2002-01-16  9:02       ` Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-01-16  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Should be fixed in CVS now.  Please try without any local
> customization.

I commented out (setq nnimap-dont-close nil), updated my copy of gnus,
and...It works well by now :-).

Thanks you very much.
Nicolas.