* Expiration, nnfolder
@ 2002-04-25 16:37 Nicolas Kowalski
From: Nicolas Kowalski @ 2002-04-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I am trying to setup the archival of old articles into nnfolder
groups. Most of it works well, however I noticed that sometimes, the
folders that received old (expired) articles are not saved on disk
until I quit Gnus. Is this the normal behaviour ?

In addition to this, sometimes a to-be-archived article contains a
date field that is not recognized with `safe-date-to-time'. This makes
the expiration process fail on first try. The second try, this
works. Any tips to solve this ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.

PS: some additional info...

My nnfolder setup just includes the following lines, for speeding up
things :

(defun turn-off-backup ()
  (set (make-local-variable 'backup-inhibited) t))

(add-hook 'nnfolder-save-buffer-hook 'turn-off-backup)

And my expiration process is run through :

(setq
 ;; groupes expirables : le mail
 gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups "^mail."

 ;; l'expiration ne detruit pas les messages, elle les deplace dans le
 ;; groupe archive approprie
 nnmail-expiry-target 'niko-expiry-target-function
 )

;; Choix du groupe archive, creation si necessaire Tous les groupes de
;; mail (mail.XXX) sont archives en enlevant le prefixe 'mail.'

(defun niko-expiry-target-function (the-group)
  (let* ((msg-date (format-time-string "%Y-%m"
				       (safe-date-to-time
					(message-fetch-field "Date"))))
	 (gname (concat "nnfolder:" (substring group 5) "." msg-date)))

    (progn
      ;; group does not exist, create it, unsubscribed
      (when (not (gnus-gethash gname gnus-newsrc-hashtb))
	(progn
	  (gnus-set-active gname (cons 1 0))
	  (gnus-request-create-group gname)))

      gname)))

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-25 16:37 UTC | newest]