* The Importance field
@ 1998-10-19  7:43 Jean-Yves Perrier
From: Jean-Yves Perrier @ 1998-10-19  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm just curious:

I'm receiving a lot of message with a field called "Importance:". I didn't
find any info about it in RFC822. But as it is not an X-..., it should be
defined somewhere. Or is it just some big company that added it, neglecting to
put an X- in front of it?

Any info?
--
Jean-Yves

* Re: The Importance field
@ 1998-10-19  8:13 ` Frank D. Cringle
From: Frank D. Cringle @ 1998-10-19  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Yves Perrier <perrier@nagra-kudelski.ch> writes:
> I'm receiving a lot of message with a field called "Importance:". I didn't
> find any info about it in RFC822. But as it is not an X-..., it should be
> defined somewhere. Or is it just some big company that added it, neglecting to
> put an X- in front of it?
>
> Any info?

RFC 1148 says it is allowed in a message that has been mapped from
X.400.

--
Frank Cringle,      fdc@cliwe.ping.de
voice: (+49 2304) 467101; fax: 943357