* Impact of changing domain and host names on gnus (if any)
@ 1999-12-30  4:51 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 1999-12-30  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just changed my domain name and host names for both machines on
my li'l network. I wonder if this will have any side-effects on
archived messages, as I noticed that gnus inserts Xref lines into them
like this:

Whereas the new host name is tea.thpoon.com. What are those Xref
headers used for?

Any thoughts highly appreciated!
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who

* Re: Impact of changing domain and host names on gnus (if any)
@ 1999-12-30 13:46 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-12-30 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca> writes:
> Whereas the new host name is tea.thpoon.com. What are those Xref
> headers used for?

If you have crossposted delivery enabled, then Xref headers are
useful.  However, nothing uses the hostname portion of the Xref line;
I don't know why it was ever included in the spec for Xref.  Gnus
could just as well insert "-" as a placeholder for that field, and
nothing bad would happen.