* p0.34 fails to produce 1 text/plain portion
@ 1998-10-13 16:37 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-10-13 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reading a clari.* group, I have a multipart/mixed containing
text/html (some help text)
image/jpeg.

p0.34 will not show the first text/plain segment at all.

Screen shots in http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~karl/pgnus/no-plain/ are...

a.gif: `C-u g' to show raw article.
b.gif: 2nd page of raw article showing copyright notice at bottom.
(Yes, I know I'm forwarding around this copyrighted article.  It's for
limited distribution [ding folk] and for bug-tracking purposes.)
c.gif: `g' to get article in its normal condition.
Note that only the copyright notice shows; the article text is AWOL.
d.gif: button-2 on image, to bring up the picture.
e.gif: button-2 on 1st text/plain; even the copyright notice disappears.
f.gif: button-2 on 1st text/plain again; copyright notice is back,
still no article text.

--karl

* Re: p0.34 fails to produce 1 text/plain portion
@ 1998-10-14 13:20 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-10-14 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

The raw article shows that the first text/plain part does not contain
headers.  Is this proper MIME?

The mail has

,-----
| --=-=-
|
| text goes here
`-----

I think it should be

,-----
| --=-=-
|
| text goes here
`-----

But I haven't read the RFC.

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte

* Re: p0.34 fails to produce 1 text/plain portion
@ 1998-10-14 16:38   ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-10-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:
> The raw article shows that the first text/plain part does not contain
> headers.  Is this proper MIME?

I wondered that myself; if that's the problem, brad@clarinet.com needs
to be informed, so they can arrange to fix their software.  I've only
seen this problem with (some) clari.* articles.  I'll look around for
add'l failure cases.

* Re: p0.34 fails to produce 1 text/plain portion
@ 1998-10-17 20:32   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-17 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

> The raw article shows that the first text/plain part does not contain
> headers.  Is this proper MIME?

Yes.  So it's a Gnus bug.