* Gnus/Message + MIME + mailcrypt = ?
@ 2000-04-25 18:08 Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-04-25 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using Gnus v5.8.4 with mailcrypt 3.5.5 (debian package version 6)
and emacs 20.5a (.deb version 2) and I have the following problem:

When I attach a file to a message, using mml-attach-file (C-c C-a) and
then sign the mail with mc-sign (C-c / s), the signature is not
correct.

It seems like the attachment is expanded _after_ the signing takes
place, which is not the behaviour I expected. Is there a way to fix
this without too much hassle or is this a bug (in mailcrypt, most
probably)?

Thank you in advance for any help.

kind regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,

* Re: Gnus/Message + MIME + mailcrypt = ?
@ 2000-04-25 20:06 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2000-04-25 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Fuchs <asf@acm.org> writes:

> When I attach a file to a message, using mml-attach-file (C-c C-a) and
> then sign the mail with mc-sign (C-c / s), the signature is not
> correct.

Mailcrypt no longer works with Gnus 5.8.  A replacement is in
development, but don't hold your breath.

* Re: Gnus/Message + MIME + mailcrypt = ?
@ 2000-04-26 18:03   ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2000-04-26 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.cygnus.argh.org> writes:
> Mailcrypt no longer works with Gnus 5.8.

That's considerably overstated.

I haven't tried to do anything with MailCrypt with regard to
attachments and other mml-related activities, but it is certainly the
case that basic encryption of text/plain messages works just fine.  I
use it all the time.

MC 3.5.5 under (as of just an hour ago, tested & running fine) Gnus
5.8.5 inside XEmacs 21.2.31, for both en/decrypt and sign/verify.