* Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-22  8:59 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2004-01-22  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

No Gnus v0.2
21.4 (patch 14) "Reasonable Discussion" XEmacs Lucid

When I quit a group, in some cases I get the following error:

Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
  gnus-compress-sequence((nil) t)
  gnus-update-marks()
  gnus-summary-update-info()
  gnus-summary-expire-articles()
  run-hooks(gnus-summary-expire-articles)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-summary-expire-articles)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  #<compiled-function (&optional temporary leave-hidden) "...(434)" [gnus-article-buffer group gnus-buffers quit-config buffer buf gnus-set-global-variables gnus-buffer-live-p mm-destroy-parts nil gnus-kill-save-kill-buffer gnus-async-halt-prefetch gnus-group-quit-config t gnus-score-adaptive gnus-score-save gnus-run-hooks gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook get-buffer buffer-name delete kill-buffer gnus-cache-possibly-remove-articles gnus-cache-save-buffers gnus-async-prefetch-remove-group gnus-dup-enter-articles gnus-tree-close gnus-cache-write-active nnmail-purge-split-history string-match "^[^:]+:" 0 gnus-exit-group-hook gnus-summary-update-info gnus-close-group gnus-group-jump-to-group gnus-summary-exit-hook gnus-group-group-name gnus-group-next-unread-group 1 gnus-deaden-summary gnus-summary-clear-local-variables bury-buffer gnus-summary-mode pop-to-buffer gnus-configure-windows force gnus-handle-ephemeral-exit gname gnus-group-buffer ...] 5 ("/usr/users/nk/local/lib/xemacs/site-packages/lisp/gnus/gnus-sum.elc" . 185560) nil>()
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)

norbert.

* Re: Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-22 10:57 ` Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2004-01-22 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The same here.

In the messsage buffer I see:

Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
Registering 0  articles with classification spam, check spam-use-bogofilter
Registering 0  articles with classification spam, check spam-use-blacklist
(No changes need to be saved) [2 times]
Marking spam as expired without moving it
Moving ham messages from spam group
Entering debugger...

... and then the debugger information:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  gnus-compress-sequence((nil) t)
  gnus-update-marks()
  gnus-summary-update-info()
  gnus-summary-expire-articles()
  run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  gnus-summary-exit()
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)

Thanks, Adrian

* FIXED: Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-22 12:30   ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2004-01-22 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Lanz <lanz@fowi.ethz.ch> writes:

> The same here.
>
> In the messsage buffer I see:
>
> Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
> Registering 0  articles with classification spam, check spam-use-bogofilter
> Registering 0  articles with classification spam, check spam-use-blacklist
> (No changes need to be saved) [2 times]
> Marking spam as expired without moving it
> Moving ham messages from spam group
> Entering debugger...
>
> ... and then the debugger information:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>   gnus-compress-sequence((nil) t)
>   gnus-update-marks()
>   gnus-summary-update-info()
>   gnus-summary-expire-articles()
>   run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
>   apply(run-hooks gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
>   gnus-run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
>   gnus-summary-exit()
>   call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)
>

> Thanks, Adrian

Sorry about that.  I was certain that I tested the boundary conditions
but still missed one.  Checkout the lastest gnus-sum.el to get the
patch.

Kevin

* Re: FIXED: Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-22 12:48     ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2004-01-22 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> Sorry about that.  I was certain that I tested the boundary conditions
> but still missed one.  Checkout the lastest gnus-sum.el to get the
> patch.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but after an update I get the same
error.  Is it possible that some index database is hosed now?

norbert.

* Re: FIXED: Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-22 15:43       ` Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2004-01-22 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22 Jan 2004, viteno@xemacs.org wrote:

> Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:
>
>> Sorry about that.  I was certain that I tested the boundary
>> conditions but still missed one.  Checkout the lastest gnus-sum.el
>> to get the patch.
>
> Sorry to rain on your parade, but after an update I get the same
> error.  Is it possible that some index database is hosed now?

Again, the same here. I still get exactly the same error messages.

Thanks, Adrian.

* Re: FIXED: Problem quitting a group (current CVS)
@ 2004-01-23  2:30         ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2004-01-23  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Lanz <lanz@fowi.ethz.ch> writes:

> On 22 Jan 2004, viteno@xemacs.org wrote:
>
>> Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:
>>
>>> Sorry about that.  I was certain that I tested the boundary
>>> conditions but still missed one.  Checkout the lastest gnus-sum.el
>>> to get the patch.
>>
>> Sorry to rain on your parade, but after an update I get the same
>> error.  Is it possible that some index database is hosed now?
>>

> Again, the same here. I still get exactly the same error messages.
>
> Thanks, Adrian.

It should be fixed now.

@ 2004-01-23  7:30           ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2004-01-23  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)