* Viewing HTML mails
@ 2003-11-24 15:58 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-11-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Has there be changes to the way HTML only messages are treated lately?

My mm setting is (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m), but I've also
tried other render engines.

If I do a K v on the message I get asked for the file name I want to
save the MIME part to.  If I'm not mistaken, this was not the case in
the not so far past.

Or do I need to define other variables as well?

Thanks,
norbert.

* Re: Viewing HTML mails
@ 2003-11-24 22:19 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-11-24 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Nov 24 2003, Norbert Koch wrote:

> Has there be changes to the way HTML only messages are treated lately?

I don't think so (what is "lately"?  Days, weeks, months, ...?).  See
the ChangeLog... ;-)

> If I do a K v on the message I get asked for the file name I want to
> save the MIME part to.  If I'm not mistaken, this was not the case in
> the not so far past.

I'm unable to reproduce this here.  But I remember someone with a
similar problem <news:pb0zng156w0.fsf@camel.argfrp.us.uu.net> and the
same XEmacs version you are using.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Viewing HTML mails
@ 2003-11-25 17:16   ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-11-25 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> I don't think so (what is "lately"?  Days, weeks, months, ...?).  See
> the ChangeLog... ;-)

Uh oh, yes maybe I should.  But I've got sorta real-life attack right
now :-)

> I'm unable to reproduce this here.  But I remember someone with a
> similar problem <news:pb0zng156w0.fsf@camel.argfrp.us.uu.net> and the
> same XEmacs version you are using.

Funny thing is the problem's simply vanished (get out of the car,
close the doors, walk around it, get in, et voila, everything back to
normal).

norbert.

* Re: Viewing HTML mails
@ 2003-12-02 17:46     ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-12-02 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norbert Koch <viteno@xemacs.org> writes:

> Funny thing is the problem's simply vanished (get out of the car,
> close the doors, walk around it, get in, et voila, everything back to
> normal).

For the record.  After the sucker's reappeared, I've had a closer look
now.  The problem was the line

(add-to-list 'mm-inline-override-types "text/html")

in my gnus.el which in effect forces the part to be saved.

norbert.