* gnus-group-line-format %c format questions
@ 1996-01-18 16:45 Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1996-01-18 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I have a couple of questions about the %c (short [compressed]
group name) format.

	First, is it possible to adjust how 'agressively' it collapses
the name?  In 0.26, it left 2 segments of the name uncompressed, but in
0.29 it's only leaving one.  Given the number of .announce groups I have
subscribed, it gets confusing - is 't.announce' texasnet.announce or
texas.announce?  Ideally, I'd like it to observe the field width
specification (%-20c) and collapse the name from left to right until it
fits in the specified width (so that, say, comp.unix.sys5.r4 would be
left alone, but news.admin.net-abuse.misc would collapse to
n.a.net-abuse.misc, but I'd settle for being able to specify how many
segments to leave uncompressed.

	Second, is it possible to get %c to leave off the select method?

	In another question, somewhat related to my second question, is
it possible to browse your default server in order to re-add killed
groups without them showing up as foreign groups?

--
#include <disclaimer.h>				/* Sten Drescher */
1973 Steelers    About Three Bricks Shy of a Load    1994 Steelers

* Re: gnus-group-line-format %c format questions
@ 1996-01-20  5:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-20  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sten Drescher <stend@grendel.texas.net> writes:

> 	First, is it possible to adjust how 'agressively' it collapses
> the name?

I've added a new variable to September 0.30 to control that:
`gnus-group-uncollapsed-levels'.

> 	Second, is it possible to get %c to leave off the select method?

No, but you could just write your own little user-defined function for
that.

> 	In another question, somewhat related to my second question, is
> it possible to browse your default server in order to re-add killed
> groups without them showing up as foreign groups?

No, all groups that you subscribe to when browsing become foreign
groups.  But you could just edit the group infos to make them native.

--
Home is where the cat is.