* followup in a nnfolder group?
@ 1996-08-03 17:19 robert
From: robert @ 1996-08-03 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

What should happen?

Currently my messages do not get sent at all if I followup in an
nnfolder group....

OK but isn't is possible to hit 'f' instead of 'r' accidently?

* Re: followup in a nnfolder group?
@ 1996-08-03 20:23 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-03 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

<robert@elastica.com> writes:

> What should happen?

You should get a wide reply message -- a message with the To, From,
and Cc listed in the To and Cc headers.

That doesn't happen?  What happens, then?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: followup in a nnfolder group?
@ 1996-08-03 21:03   ` robert
From: robert @ 1996-08-03 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

Well here's what the headers look like for a followup

Subject: Re: Get up an walk around
--text follows this line--

Despite the mode line saying -wide reply to robert@elastica.com-

> <robert@elastica.com> writes:
>
> > What should happen?
>
> You should get a wide reply message -- a message with the To, From,
> and Cc listed in the To and Cc headers.
>
> That doesn't happen?  What happens, then?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>   larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

--
You are amazed that they exist and they burn so
bright whilst you can only wonder why.

* Re: followup in a nnfolder group?
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-03 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

robert@elastica.com writes:

> Well here's what the headers look like for a followup
>
> Subject: Re: Get up an walk around
> --text follows this line--

No To or Cc headers?  That's very odd.  Have you set
`message-wide-reply-to-function' to anything strange?

@ 1996-08-03 22:43       ` robert
From: robert @ 1996-08-03 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

It appears to be working .39 but didn't in .35

--

@ 1996-08-03 22:45       ` robert
From: robert @ 1996-08-03 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Actually I tell a lie...  it seems to be related to the message itself.

In this case the message is blank (ie. there's no body) and the headers
look like.

Perhaps the fact that there's no body confuses things a little?

From: robert
Subject: Get up an walk around
To: robert
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:45:00 -0400 (EDT)

When I followup to this message... and there are a few of them because it's
a cron job :-) It never puts the To: or CC: headers anywhere.

--

@ 1996-08-03 22:48       ` robert
From: robert @ 1996-08-03 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

OK I've got messages in my mbox that do have bodies and following up
isn't working for those so that's not it.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-04 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

robert@elastica.com writes:

> OK I've got messages in my mbox that do have bodies and following up
> isn't working for those so that's not it.

Could you `M-x edebug-defun' the function `message-reply' in
message.el and try to see what goes wrong?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen