* gnus-get-new-news-post-hook
@ 1996-02-28 21:07 Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1996-02-28 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy-

One trivial feature request that I have is to add a hook by that name.
I am a little surprised that no one has requested it yet, since it seems
that there are many things that one would want to do after getting new
news.

For example, I have a group "nnml:mail.garbage" that is where I send all
my trash when splitting.  I have it set to total-expire and expire in -1
days (immediately).  However, I still have to manually catch up the
group, and at some point, expire it (gnus-group-expire-all-groups).

Instead, I would like to have the following in my .gnus:

  (add-hook 'gnus-get-new-news-post-hook 'cor:gnus-empty-garbage)

  (defun cor:gnus-empty-garbage ()
    "Empty my garbage can."
    (interactive)
    (let ((gnus-interactive-catchup nil)
          (gnus-group-marked '("nnml:mail.garbage")))
      (gnus-group-catchup-current)
      (gnus-group-expire-articles nil)))

Is there any possibility of adding this hook variable, or is there some
other that I should be using?

Thanks a lot.

--
Colin Rafferty
Violate the Communications Decency Act.

* Re: gnus-get-new-news-post-hook
@ 1996-02-29  8:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-29  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

craffert@ml.com (Colin Rafferty) writes:

> One trivial feature request that I have is to add a hook by that name.

I've now added a hook called `gnus-after-getting-new-news-hook'.  (I
though the "post" part was potentially confusing.)