* RMAILIncoming files
@ 1996-02-14 21:03 Mark Hovey
From: Mark Hovey @ 1996-02-14 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am a novice user of September Gnus, v0.38.  I use Gnus to read my
mail, using the easiest method.  That is, I have
gnus-secondary-split-methods set to nnbabyl, and use a simple
nnmail-split-methods variable.  Gnus seems to create RMAILIncoming files
that are world-readable--obviously not good behavior for a mail
program. It doesn't seem to delete them either.  What is going on and
how do I fix it?
             Mark Hovey
	     hovey@math.mit.edu

* Re: RMAILIncoming files
@ 1996-02-15 18:34 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-15 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Hovey <hovey@math.mit.edu> writes:

> Gnus seems to create RMAILIncoming files that are
> world-readable--obviously not good behavior for a mail program.

No, that's not good.  Fix in 0.40.

> It doesn't seem to delete them either.  What is going on and how do
> I fix it?

If you're sure that Gnus will never lose you any mail, you can set
`nnmail-delete-incoming' to t.