* Magically Re-appearing nndoc groups
@ 1996-02-14  6:46 Aharon Schkolnik
From: Aharon Schkolnik @ 1996-02-14  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I have a number of nndoc groups (ding digests). I have marked
all the articles in all of them as read (c in Group buffer). The
number of unread articles goes to 0, but when I exit and re-enter
emacs, the number of unread articles goes back up. For example, I
currently see:

  [ Ding -- 218 ]
         4: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#101
        27: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#102
        28: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#103
         7: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#106
        16: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#80
        14: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#86
        30: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#90
        29: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#91
         9: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#92
        30: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#93
         2: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#94
        11: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#95
         5: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#96
         6: nndoc:ding-rn-digest-v95#97

	BTW - how do I delete these nndoc (digest) groups when I've
finished with them.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   Aharon@Matat.Health.Gov.IL

* Re: Magically Re-appearing nndoc groups
@ 1996-02-14 17:43 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-14 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon Schkolnik <aharon@healdb.matat.health.gov.il> writes:

> 	I have a number of nndoc groups (ding digests). I have marked
> all the articles in all of them as read (c in Group buffer). The
> number of unread articles goes to 0, but when I exit and re-enter
> emacs, the number of unread articles goes back up.

Does the same thing happen when you mark articles as read from
"inside" the groups?  Or is it just the `c' command in the group
buffer that is affected?

> 	BTW - how do I delete these nndoc (digest) groups when I've
> finished with them.

`C-k' to kill the group.