* Reading news
@ 1996-02-23 18:36 Dr. Pete Gieser
From: Dr. Pete Gieser @ 1996-02-23 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

What I want to be able to do when I read news is

1. Read the "good articles" and rate them
2. Look for other interesting subjects, read and rate them,
3. Delete the rest of the articles.

My question is, should I rate the articles I am deleting as 1? or leave them
unrated?  If I want to mark them 1, is there a way to do this batch style?

Pete
--

Peter Gieser, Ph.D.                    Phone:  (904) 392-5198 ext. 441
POG Statistical Office                 FAX:    (904) 392-8162

                 * Send me email to recieve my PGP public key *

* Re: Reading news
@ 1996-02-25  1:25 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-25  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dr. Pete Gieser" <pete@seldon.pog.ufl.edu> writes:

> What I want to be able to do when I read news is
>
> 1. Read the "good articles" and rate them
> 2. Look for other interesting subjects, read and rate them,
> 3. Delete the rest of the articles.
>
> My question is, should I rate the articles I am deleting as 1? or leave them
> unrated?  If I want to mark them 1, is there a way to do this batch style?

Well, you could just score articles the normal way, and then use
`mark-and-expunge' 1 to expunge all articles with no scores.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen