* gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-24 13:50 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-24 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

I would  prefer this to be valid plugged too. Is there a way
to get confirm on "queue send" when plugged in too? Just a single prompt
for the whole queue : not on each queued item.

regards

r.

* Re: gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-24 21:54 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-24 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> I would  prefer this to be valid plugged too. Is there a way
> to get confirm on "queue send" when plugged in too? Just a single prompt
> for the whole queue : not on each queued item.

I don't really see much of a use case for that.  If you really want to
be prompted for a command, then write your own version that just wraps a
yes-or-no question around the real function.

* Re: gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-25 13:58   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I would  prefer this to be valid plugged too. Is there a way
>> to get confirm on "queue send" when plugged in too? Just a single prompt
>> for the whole queue : not on each queued item.
>
> I don't really see much of a use case for that.  If you really want to
> be prompted for a command, then write your own version that just wraps a
> yes-or-no question around the real function.

Fair enough, and easily done, but Whats the use case for the existing
variable?

(The name of the variable suggests it prompts to send the queue
regardless of being plugged or unplugged )

* Re: gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-25 21:24     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-25 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Fair enough, and easily done, but Whats the use case for the existing
> variable?

Some people use the Agent offline thing as a real "offline" thing.  That
is, when they don't have a connection.  However, most people use the
Agent just as a dynamic cache, and the sending queue as a "eek, I didn't
mean to send that email, let me delete it" thing.  In the latter case
being "strict" about the unpluggedness when sending was just too annoying.

* Re: gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-25 21:51       ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Fair enough, and easily done, but Whats the use case for the existing
>> variable?
>
> Some people use the Agent offline thing as a real "offline" thing.  That
> is, when they don't have a connection.  However, most people use the
> Agent just as a dynamic cache, and the sending queue as a "eek, I didn't
> mean to send that email, let me delete it" thing.  In the latter case

Which is how I use it.

> being "strict" about the unpluggedness when sending was just too annoying.

Fair enough ;)

* Re: gnus-agent-prompt-send-queue
@ 2011-01-26 23:28       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-01-26 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Fair enough, and easily done, but Whats the use case for the existing
>> variable?
>
> Some people use the Agent offline thing as a real "offline" thing.  That
> is, when they don't have a connection.  However, most people use the
> Agent just as a dynamic cache, and the sending queue as a "eek, I didn't
> mean to send that email, let me delete it" thing.  In the latter case
> being "strict" about the unpluggedness when sending was just too annoying.

But isn't that the whole point of gnus-delay-article...

But, then again, I'm one of those quaint real offline users ;-)

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)