* `n' on last article in Summary buffer
@ 2002-01-06 15:18 Mark Thomas
From: Mark Thomas @ 2002-01-06 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently moved from Gnus 5.8.8 to Oort 0.04.

My .gnus file has the following:

(setq
 ;; goto first unread message but do not select it
 gnus-auto-select-first 'gnus-summary-first-unread-subject
 ;; automatically go to next group
 gnus-auto-select-next t
 )

In Gnus 5.8.8, pressing `n' on the last article in a group moved me
into the next group with unread messages and placed point on the first
unread article in that group, but it would not select that article.

In Oort 0.04, pressing `n' on the last article behaves similarly,
except it also selects the article.

How can I get the Gnus 5.8.8 behavior?

Cheers,

-Mark

* Re: `n' on last article in Summary buffer
@ 2002-01-06 16:50 ` Mark Thomas
From: Mark Thomas @ 2002-01-06 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (setq
>  ;; goto first unread message but do not select it
>  gnus-auto-select-first 'gnus-summary-first-unread-subject
>  ;; automatically go to next group
>  gnus-auto-select-next t
>  )

Looks like I need to change the above to

(setq
 ;; goto the first unread article...
 gnus-auto-select-subject 'unread
 ;; ...but do not select it