* feature request: gnus-group-catchup-seen
@ 2002-04-01 13:31 Mark Thomas
From: Mark Thomas @ 2002-04-01 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have some nntp groups that get a lot of traffic but I only read them
sporadically.  The seen lists for these groups have a lot of holes in
them (I just removed 24k of seen list entries from my .newsrc.eld
file).

I'd like to have some way either to catchup the seen lists or to
specify that Gnus should not compute the seen list for some groups.

Thoughts?

-Mark

* Re: feature request: gnus-group-catchup-seen
@ 2003-01-01 21:02 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-01 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Thomas <swoon@bellatlantic.net> writes:

> I have some nntp groups that get a lot of traffic but I only read them
> sporadically.  The seen lists for these groups have a lot of holes in
> them (I just removed 24k of seen list entries from my .newsrc.eld
> file).
>
> I'd like to have some way either to catchup the seen lists or to
> specify that Gnus should not compute the seen list for some groups.

There's code in there to "collapse" the marks lists according to the
active range.  That is, if you have articles 4, 6 and 9 in the list,
and the range of articles on the server is 6-11, then 4 is removed
from all marks lists.  Or it's supposed to, at least.

Doesn't this happen for the seen lists?