* making agent download skipped articles
@ 1999-12-31  8:42 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-12-31  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: XEmacs 20.4, gnus 5.8.0 (the last that worked without fsf-compat),
	SuSE linux 6.2, KDE 1.1

If you're skipping up a thread, using the "^" command (gnus-summary-refer-parent-article)
in an agentized, unplugged NNTP group, and get to an article that has
been skipped for downloading, is it then possible to make it mark that
message for downloading?

Actually I probably would like to download the entire thread, or the
missing messages of that thread.

Is this possible?

* Re: making agent download skipped articles
@ 2000-04-21 16:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> If you're skipping up a thread, using the "^" command
> (gnus-summary-refer-parent-article) in an agentized, unplugged NNTP
> group, and get to an article that has been skipped for downloading,
> is it then possible to make it mark that message for downloading?

If Gnus know what the article number is; yes.  And it seems like it
does, so you should be.  Even though I haven't tried.  :-)