* denied servers try to connect on `J s'
@ 2000-10-02 20:42 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2000-10-02 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Gnus v5.8.8 (checkout from tonight), XEmacs 20.4, linux

I'm reading imap mail on my laptop, from the four IMAP servers doohan,
tyr, neptun, and apollo.

doohan (cyrus imapd) is reachable from both work and home.

tyr (UoW imapd), and neptun and apollo (both Exchange Server) are
reachable only from work.

I am running Gnus in agent mode, mostly unplugged for reading mail,
and then just do
	`J j J S g J s J j'
(toggle from unplugged to plugged, send queued mail, get new articles,
have agent retrieve new articles, and toggle back to unplugged).

What I have done when my laptop is at home, is that I have used `D' in
the server buffer to deny the unreachable nnimap servers.

This worked with my previous checkout of Gnus (from July...?), but in
the current checkout `J s' doesn't seem to obey the server denial.

Any ideas how I could fix this?  Or maybe better ideas for how to
handle the unreachable servers?

Thanx!

* Re: denied servers try to connect on `J s'
@ 2001-09-08 16:43 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-09-08 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> I am running Gnus in agent mode, mostly unplugged for reading mail,
> and then just do
> 	`J j J S g J s J j'
> (toggle from unplugged to plugged, send queued mail, get new articles,
> have agent retrieve new articles, and toggle back to unplugged).
>
> What I have done when my laptop is at home, is that I have used `D' in
> the server buffer to deny the unreachable nnimap servers.
>
> This worked with my previous checkout of Gnus (from July...?), but in
> the current checkout `J s' doesn't seem to obey the server denial.

I think this works in current CVS, is that true?

(I'm following up slightly old articles... sorry.)