* group parameter set to nil?
@ 1999-12-06  3:25 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-06  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just created a new group that I expect to delete in a few weeks.  For my
permanent groups, that I want to treat specially I set up some code in the
gnus-summary-generate-hook.  This includes setting
gnus-thread-hide-subtree.  Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to set
this to nil in the group parameters.  If I do this and then check the value
in the summary buffer it is still 't, the default.

Is my only option for setting this variable in a hook somewhere?  I was
hoping to avoid doing this in .gnus because the group is going away soon.

Thanks

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: I always have fun because I'm out of my mind!!!

* Re: group parameter set to nil?
@ 2000-04-21 20:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <vinson@unagi.cis.upenn.edu> writes:

> I just created a new group that I expect to delete in a few weeks.  For my
> permanent groups, that I want to treat specially I set up some code in the
> gnus-summary-generate-hook.  This includes setting
> gnus-thread-hide-subtree.  Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to set
> this to nil in the group parameters.  If I do this and then check the value
> in the summary buffer it is still 't, the default.

I don't think anything is setting that variable, so it should be
possible to set it to nil in the group parameters,,,

* Re: group parameter set to nil?
@ 2000-04-30  2:40   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 2000-04-30  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> Jack Vinson <vinson@unagi.cis.upenn.edu> writes:
>> I just created a new group that I expect to delete in a few weeks.  For my
>> permanent groups, that I want to treat specially I set up some code in the
>> gnus-summary-generate-hook.  This includes setting
>> gnus-thread-hide-subtree.  Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to set
>> this to nil in the group parameters.  If I do this and then check the value
>> in the summary buffer it is still 't, the default.

LMI> I don't think anything is setting that variable, so it should be
LMI> possible to set it to nil in the group parameters,,,

This is no longer a problem.  I think the problem was that I didn't know
_how_ to set the variable.  One can set any variable at the end of the
customization screen.  I just didn't understand that is what I could do.

Jack