* Scoring broken on Gnus 5.8.2 on emacs on Windows NT
@ 1999-12-13 17:51 Rene Matteau
From: Rene Matteau @ 1999-12-13 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Scoring appears to be broken on Gnus 5.8.2 running on Emacs on Windows
NT. The score file is stored in d:\d_/matteau/News instead of
d:/matteau/News. The last driver that I used that was working was
Pgnus 0.98. The only difference in gnus-score.el is at line 1345:

1345c1345
<             file (car entry)
---
>             file (nnheader-translate-file-chars (car entry) t)

This fix was obviously put there for a reason but now the reading of
score file does not match the saving of it...
--
Rene

* Re: Scoring broken on Gnus 5.8.2 on emacs on Windows NT
@ 1999-12-15  2:53 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-15  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

RM> Scoring appears to be broken on Gnus 5.8.2 running on Emacs on Windows
RM> NT. The score file is stored in d:\d_/matteau/News instead of
RM> d:/matteau/News. The last driver that I used that was working was
RM> Pgnus 0.98. The only difference in gnus-score.el is at line 1345:

RM> 1345c1345
RM> <             file (car entry)
RM> ---
>> file (nnheader-translate-file-chars (car entry) t)

RM> This fix was obviously put there for a reason but now the reading of
RM> score file does not match the saving of it...

Actually, I don't think this fix needs to be here at all.  There are other
places in gnus-score that call this function for the .SCORE file and the
.ADAPT file names.  Why should it get called again in gnus-score-save?

The temporary solution is to change the 't to nil.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Yow!  Are we in the perfect mood?