* I see the light! (well, at least RMS)
@ 1998-11-24 23:08 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1998-11-24 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have finally gotten MIME decoding to work with pgnus 0.54 and NTEmacs
20.3.1.  One of the BIG problems was simply that an old version of base64
was sitting in my load-path ahead of gnus.  I've now moved gnus to the head
of the load-path to correct some of those problems.

The next trick will be to pop images into my web browser when I ask gnus to
view the part.  When I do "v" on the button, it asks for the viewer but I
don't seem to be able to give it a path that it likes.  How does one set
this?  A quick review of the Info pages didn't point to anything.

In order to get the nnfolder archive to load properly I must still
(setq nnheader-file-coding-system 'raw-text-dos)
both 'binary and 'raw-text result in the error I mentioned a while ago
"args out of range...."

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Edwin Meese made me wear CORDOVANS!!

* Re: I see the light! (well, at least RMS)
@ 1998-11-25  3:57 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1998-11-25  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack> I have finally gotten MIME decoding to work with pgnus 0.54 and
Jack> NTEmacs 20.3.1.  One of the BIG problems was simply that an old
Jack> version of base64 was sitting in my load-path ahead of gnus.
Jack> I've now moved gnus to the head of the load-path to correct some
Jack> of those problems.

While turning NTEmacs light on, I turned Gnu Emacs light off. Could
you please test my patch in "Re: Viewing faxes produces strange
prompt" in NTEmacs?  If it works, we get three lights on.

Jack> The next trick will be to pop images into my web browser when I
Jack> ask gnus to view the part.  When I do "v" on the button, it asks
Jack> for the viewer but I don't seem to be able to give it a path
Jack> that it likes.  How does one set this?  A quick review of the
Jack> Info pages didn't point to anything.

Try to create $HOME\.mailcap. If there is no $HOME, try C:\.mailcap.
Put the follows in the file
image/*; the-path-name/the-exe-file-name %s

You'd better make sure there is not blank space in the path name and
the exe file name.

Jack> In order to get the nnfolder archive to load properly I must
Jack> still (setq nnheader-file-coding-system 'raw-text-dos) both
Jack> 'binary and 'raw-text result in the error I mentioned a while
Jack> ago "args out of range...."

Have you test with "no-conversion"?

--
Shenghuo

(Out of town during Thanksgiving)

* Re: I see the light! (well, at least RMS)
@ 1998-11-25 14:15   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1998-11-25 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

ZSH> While turning NTEmacs light on, I turned Gnu Emacs light off. Could
ZSH> you please test my patch in "Re: Viewing faxes produces strange
ZSH> prompt" in NTEmacs?  If it works, we get three lights on.

The light is still on!  Your mm-binary-coding-system idea seems to have
worked.  Since I am not on XEmacs, this variable is set to no-conversion.
Woo hoo!

Jack> In order to get the nnfolder archive to load properly I must
Jack> still (setq nnheader-file-coding-system 'raw-text-dos) both
Jack> 'binary and 'raw-text result in the error I mentioned a while
Jack> ago "args out of range...."

ZSH> Have you test with "no-conversion"?

no-conversion works for this variable as well.

Not that this needs to be said, but thanks for all the great work!

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Yow!  I'm having a quadraphonic sensation of two winos