* Gnus .SCORE files all over the place (d: drive became d_ dir?)
@ 1999-12-14 23:53 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-12-14 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Can somebody please explain this to me: recently (I do not think that
ever happened before a couple of weeks ago - hence probably not in b19
of XEmacs/one of the latest versions of pgnus) gnus started to create
score files all over the place - like in the directories where files
that I visited are etc. My home dir is d:\dima. Here and there I see
sub-trees of the form d_\dima\News with .SCORE and .ADAPT files in
them - so it looks like either gnus or XEmacs turned my d: drive into
a d_ directory name... Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

XEmacs 21.2  (beta20) "Yoko" [Lucid] (i586-pc-win32)
Gnus v5.8.2

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Gnus .SCORE files all over the place (d: drive became d_ dir?)
@ 1999-12-15  0:11 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-12-15  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry> Hi,
Dmitry> Can somebody please explain this to me: recently (I do not think that
Dmitry> ever happened before a couple of weeks ago - hence probably not in b19
Dmitry> of XEmacs/one of the latest versions of pgnus) gnus started to create
Dmitry> score files all over the place - like in the directories where files
Dmitry> that I visited are etc. My home dir is d:\dima. Here and there I see
Dmitry> sub-trees of the form d_\dima\News with .SCORE and .ADAPT files in
Dmitry> them - so it looks like either gnus or XEmacs turned my d: drive into
Dmitry> a d_ directory name... Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Dmitry> XEmacs 21.2  (beta20) "Yoko" [Lucid] (i586-pc-win32)
Dmitry> Gnus v5.8.2

Try CVS version or 5.8.3 when it is released.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Gnus .SCORE files all over the place (d: drive became d_ dir?)
@ 1999-12-15  2:46 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-15  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

DY> Can somebody please explain this to me: recently (I do not think that
DY> ever happened before a couple of weeks ago - hence probably not in b19
DY> of XEmacs/one of the latest versions of pgnus) gnus started to create
DY> score files all over the place - like in the directories where files
DY> that I visited are etc. My home dir is d:\dima. Here and there I see
DY> sub-trees of the form d_\dima\News with .SCORE and .ADAPT files in
DY> them - so it looks like either gnus or XEmacs turned my d: drive into
DY> a d_ directory name... Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

This is the same problem I mentioned last week.  Gnus needs to change so
that the call to nnheader-translate-file-chars in gnus-score-save has no
second argument (or it is null).  In the current release, this is 't which
translates ":" into "_" in the directory names as well.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Now, I think it would be GOOD to buy FIVE or SIX STUDEBAKERS