* Re: nndrafts and NT
       [not found] <wtn8zr5ovdu.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-11-04 14:20 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-04 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> The issue ha been up before but the suggested solutions wasn't a
> problem for me.
>
> C-x C-s in a message, i.e. save to nndraft, works nice  - "Wrote
> h:/News/drafts/drafts/3" it says. The file exists and looks nice.
>
> When I try to enter the drafts group (which has a star in front of it,
> i.e. Gnus can't get the number of articles in it) I get:

Does `M-g' work on the group?  What is the value of nnmh-directory
right after you try to enter the drafts group?

ShengHuo

* Re: nndrafts and NT
@ 2000-11-26 14:15   ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2000-11-26 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

* 2000-11-04 ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> list.emacs-ding
| Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:
|
| > The issue ha been up before but the suggested solutions wasn't a
| > problem for me.
| >
| > C-x C-s in a message, i.e. save to nndraft, works nice  - "Wrote
| > h:/News/drafts/drafts/3" it says. The file exists and looks nice.
| >
| > When I try to enter the drafts group (which has a star in front of it,
| > i.e. Gnus can't get the number of articles in it) I get:
|
| Does `M-g' work on the group?  What is the value of nnmh-directory
| right after you try to enter the drafts group?

Since this has been a long persisting problem with Gnus, would someone
more knowledgeable with Gnus internals investigate if the problem is
with the undefined function that somehow loads as 'ignore to Emacs. I
have pinpointed the problem, but I have no idea why it gets set to
ignore (sometimes?)

Here is the relevant code that "solves" the nndraft problem.

Jari

;;; ----------------------------------------------------------------------
;;;
(defadvice gnus-topic-read-group (before my-gnus-fix-nndraft act)
  "Fix broken nndraft."
  (when (eq 'ignore (symbol-function 'nndraft-request-group))
    (my-gnus-nndraft-fix)))

;;; ----------------------------------------------------------------------
;;; See nnoo.el::nno-import-1 and nndraft.el
;;;
(defun my-gnus-nndraft-fix  ()
  "Bug in my gnus that prevent accessing nndraft.
Define function `nndaft-request-group'."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((function          'nndraft-request-group)
	 (call-function	    'nnoo-parent-function)
	 (backend	    'nndraft)
	 (this-function	    'nnmh-request-group)
	 )

    ;; See nndraft.el
    ;; (defvoo nndraft-directory (nnheader-concat gnus-directory "drafts/"))

    (unless (stringp nndraft-directory)
      (setq nndraft-directory (nnheader-concat gnus-directory "drafts/")))

    (eval `(deffoo ,function (&rest args)
	     (,call-function ',backend ',this-function args)))
    ))