* Incorrect Return-Path solved
@ 1997-05-08  5:22 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1997-05-08  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am embarrassed to say that this was my own fault. For some unknown
reason, I had changed the message-send function from smtp-send to the
one that uses sendmail. On my system, sendmail isn't configured at all
-> incorrect headers. I am sorry for "blaming" it on Gnus!

Also, I just wanted to tell you that I managed to patch pop3.el to
allow you setting an option on the largest mail to download. If the
mail is larger, you will get a question asking if you want fetch it or
now. I also added a progress meter (ie the number of bytes downloaded
(and if you use the max-message size, you also see how large the
message is (ie 4kB of 421kB))).

Does anyone who actually knows elisp want to take a look at it / try
it out? It _seems_ to work fine.

--
David Hedbor     david@hedbor.org      http://david.hedbor.org/
The Ultimate Animanga Archive  -> http://the.animearchive.org/

* problem with pop3-retr
@ 1997-05-08  6:49 ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1997-05-08  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh, I had a problem receiving some mails with pop3-retr - it would
lock up and not do anything. I changed
	(accept-process-output process)
	(accept-process-output process 3)

and it worked. Seems like it locked up waiting for more data, which
wouldn't come, or something like that. Comments?
--
David Hedbor     david@hedbor.org      http://david.hedbor.org/
The Ultimate Animanga Archive  -> http://the.animearchive.org/
Forbidden Subjects  -> http://forbidden.animearchive.org:666/

* Re: problem with pop3-retr
@ 1997-05-08 21:27   ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1997-05-08 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
PGP Key: at a key server near you! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover