* Allow canceling articles for more people
@ 2000-09-28 13:16 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-09-28 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Currently, it seems that nobody who has customized their From header
can cancel an article using Gnus, because Gnus checks the From header
of the article to be canceled against the result of
(message-make-sender).

How about checking the From header against (message-make-from),
instead?

Thoughts?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Allow canceling articles for more people
@ 2000-10-01  3:17 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2000-10-01  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Currently, it seems that nobody who has customized their From header
> can cancel an article using Gnus, because Gnus checks the From header
> of the article to be canceled against the result of
> (message-make-sender).
>
> How about checking the From header against (message-make-from),
> instead?
>
> Thoughts?

Uhm, I think the way it works now is that Gnus checks if

        (message-make-from) equals the From header
or
        (message-make-sender) equals the Sender header

If you use a customized From header (e.g. via gnus-posting-styles), Gnus
is supposed to insert a Sender header in the message to allow you to
cancel it.  It works for me ...

The drawback is that the contents of the Sender header isn't always very
meaningfull. In my case, since I use a dial-up connection, I have no way
of knowing my FQDN in advance.

Cheers,
--
Jesper Harder       Student: Master, does Emacs have the Buddha Nature?
                    Master:  Why not? It has damn near everything else!