* Scoring problems
@ 1996-08-01 19:24 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-08-01 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Red Gnus 0.03, Emacs 19.31

When raising and lowering scores, the SCORE files do not get updated,
although the entries one creates are kept around until the score cache is
flushed.

Try the following:

Enter a group, don't read any articles.
Increase the score of a subject with 'I s s p RET'.
Leave the group with 'q.
Reenter the group.
The subject previously increased has its score correctly increased, look at
the trace with 'V t'.
Edit the SCORE file with 'V e'.
	The entry just created is NOT in the score file.
Leave and reenter the group.

At this point I get two behaviors.  One, the subject is no longer scored as
one might expect from the SCORE file.  The other, the subject gets scored
and the score file still does not have an entry for this subject.  This may
vary when I do gnus-group-save-newsrc.

Anyone else see this?

--
Jack Vinson                                                  Sunderland, MA
jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu    <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-08-01 19:24 UTC | newest]