* PATCH: gnus.el for gnus-user-format-function-'s
@ 1996-01-25 16:31 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-01-25 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following patch fixes the functions gnus-group-insert-line,
gnus-group-set-mode-line and gnus-set-mode-line so that they set the value
of gnus-tmp-header, rather than header.  gnus-tmp-header is the value that
is passed to the user-defined formatting functions for all the different
line formats.

This patch set gnus-tmp-header to the group name in
gnus-group-insert-group-line, although I am not sure that is the appropriate
value to use.  One might want other parameters sent to a group-line format
function besides the group name.  However, it makes the function for
shortening the group name I sent earlier work.

For the other two functions, I set gnus-tmp-header to nil, since there
wasn't an obvious choice for a parameter to pass.

--
Jonathan "Jack" Vinson       jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
Sunderland, MA               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

*** ChangeLog~	Thu Jan 25 03:33:56 1996
--- ChangeLog	Thu Jan 25 09:36:54 1996
***************
*** 1,3 ****
--- 1,12 ----
+ Thu Jan 25 09:32:19 1996  Jack Vinson  <jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu>
+
+ 	* gnus.el (gnus-group-insert-group-line) : Changed "header" to
+ 	"gnus-tmp-header" for parameter that gets passed to user
+ 	functions.  Set to the group name, but may not necessarily want
+ 	this.
+ 	(gnus-group-set-mode-line) : ditto, gnus-tmp-header set to nil.
+ 	(gnus-set-mode-line) : ditto, gnus-tmp-header set to nil.
+
  Thu Jan 25 08:45:52 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@ifi.uio.no>

  	* nnmail.el (nnmail-insert-lines): Would return negative lines
*** gnus.el~	Thu Jan 25 03:33:49 1996
--- gnus.el	Thu Jan 25 09:52:22 1996
***************
*** 4652,4658 ****
  	  (if (member gnus-tmp-group gnus-group-marked)
  	      gnus-process-mark ? ))
  	 (buffer-read-only nil)
! 	 header)			; passed as parameter to user-funcs.
      (beginning-of-line)
      (add-text-properties
       (point)
--- 4652,4658 ----
  	  (if (member gnus-tmp-group gnus-group-marked)
  	      gnus-process-mark ? ))
  	 (buffer-read-only nil)
! 	 (gnus-tmp-header gnus-tmp-group)) ; passed as parameter to user-funcs.
      (beginning-of-line)
      (add-text-properties
       (point)
***************
*** 4732,4738 ****
  	   (gnus-tmp-news-server (car (cdr gnus-select-method)))
  	   (gnus-tmp-news-method (car gnus-select-method))
  	   (max-len 60)
! 	   header			;Dummy binding for user-defined formats
  	   ;; Get the resulting string.
  	   (mode-string (eval gformat)))
        ;; If the line is too long, we chop it off.
--- 4732,4738 ----
  	   (gnus-tmp-news-server (car (cdr gnus-select-method)))
  	   (gnus-tmp-news-method (car gnus-select-method))
  	   (max-len 60)
! 	   gnus-tmp-header		;Dummy binding for user-defined formats
  	   ;; Get the resulting string.
  	   (mode-string (eval gformat)))
        ;; If the line is too long, we chop it off.
***************
*** 8522,8528 ****
  			 (vectorp gnus-current-headers))
  		    (mail-header-subject gnus-current-headers) ""))
  	       max-len
! 	       header);; passed as argument to any user-format-funcs
  	  (setq mode-string (eval mformat))
  	  (setq max-len (max 4 (if gnus-mode-non-string-length
  				   (- (frame-width)
--- 8522,8528 ----
  			 (vectorp gnus-current-headers))
  		    (mail-header-subject gnus-current-headers) ""))
  	       max-len
! 	       gnus-tmp-header);; passed as argument to any user-format-funcs
  	  (setq mode-string (eval mformat))
  	  (setq max-len (max 4 (if gnus-mode-non-string-length
  				   (- (frame-width)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-25 16:31 UTC | newest]