From: "Chris D.Halverson" <cdh@CompleteIS.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Switching to IMAP
Date: 04 May 2000 08:12:56 -0500	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1386 bytes --]

> "Chris D.Halverson" <cdh@CompleteIS.com> writes:
>
> > I can't seem to find it, but currently my nnml groups expire after 7
> > days if marked w/ 'E', ie. I can go back and see "deleted" messages
> > which is very helpful at times. It doesn't appear that this is
> > possible w/ nnimap, correct?
>
> This is not correct.  The `expirable' mark works fine with nnimap.  I
> use it every day.

Yep, you are correct :)

Thanks to a little hand holding from Arcady Genkin I was successfully
able to switch with little problem. There are some differences
(obviously) and some things that I think were semi-messed up due to
not closing Emacs between trying things, but once I did and once I
subscribed the the IMAP groups that I wanted, everything has been
great! The expiry works as I like and I'm able to see everything in
Gnus and other programs. This is good. There is, of course, the side
effect that all my messages show up in programs like IMP, even if
they're marked as Expirable, but I can definitely live with that as
long as I can still see them at all.

Thanks for all the help and hints! nnimap seems to work great for me.

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, finger for public key   http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/