* gnus-posting-styles and nnml-current-group
@ 2000-10-19 17:24 Taso N. Devetzis
From: Taso N. Devetzis @ 2000-10-19 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consider the following:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
	 (name "Bill Clinton")
	 (address "clinton@usa.com"))
	((and message-this-is-mail (equal nnml-current-group "clinton"))
	 (address "clinton@usa.com"))
	((and message-this-is-mail (equal nnml-current-group "private"))
	 (address "clinton_private@usa.com"))
	))

My intention was to set the headers as appropriate when replying to
messages in the various groups, and for this purpose the variable
works fine.

When I'm in the *Group* buffer, however, and begin composing a new
message, the posting style is set according to the last group I was in
before exiting to the *Group* buffer (/nnml-current-group/ remains
set, as one would expect).  I would like the posting style to be
something else in this case (specifically the ".*" default style).
I'm about to hack something up using variables like /current-buffer/
and the like, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks.

/taso

* Re: gnus-posting-styles and nnml-current-group
@ 2000-10-19 20:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-10-19 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

What happens when you check the variable gnus-newsgroup-name rather
than nnml-current-group?  You might have to check for different
values, though, such as "nnml:foo" rather than "foo".
kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: gnus-posting-styles and nnml-current-group
@ 2000-10-19 21:12   ` Taso N. Devetzis
From: Taso N. Devetzis @ 2000-10-19 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding