* mail from command prompt
@ 2000-01-31  3:53 Brian May
From: Brian May @ 2000-01-31  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I posted a message about sending mail using gnus from the command
prompt earlier on the gnus newsgroup.

As I am impatient, I started work on finding out how it could be done
without waiting for a response. Please tell me if there is already a
way to do this...

For instance, with my scripts (attached), you can now
type in

gnusmail filename

and it will open a new window and allow you to edit the message based
on the template found in file (compare with "mutt -H filename").

However, I am not very good at LISP, so would appreciate help
on the following bugs:

1. Mail opens in new frame *and* current frame.

2. Cannot get it to work for headers other then "to:" or "subject:".

3. the gnusmail command should wait until mail is sent but doesn't.

4. could be used from other emacs applications? eg w3?

5. error handling (eg filename doesn't exist) in non-existent.

6. gnus-posting-styles uses the currently selected group.

7. Not sure if it will always work. Of course, gnus must be loaded (I
think).

8. Description of function is wrong, nor no I understand what
interactive or art-beg do. At least it should be easy to tell where I
copied the code (with major changes) from ;-).

Anyone able to assist? For me, the most important problems are 2 and 3.

I suspect 5 should be easy to fix, too, for somebody who knows what
they are doing ;-)