* Gnus message.el and mh
@ 1996-07-22 20:15 David Worenklein
From: David Worenklein @ 1996-07-22 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been trying to get Gnus to send mail with mh
(message-send-mail-function's value is message-send-mail-with-mh).
The problem I'm having is that the Gnus MUA creates "Sender" and
"Message-ID" headers, while mh's send specifically disallows those two
fields (as well as "Return-Path","Received","Resent-Sender" and
"Resent-Message-ID".)

I have no problem with stripping off the "Sender" line from the
message before passing it to send.  But if I strip off the Message-ID,
my 'Group Carbon Copy' won't have a message-id. This makes
'References' or 'In-Reply-To' headers less than useful.

Has anyone given this any thought?
--
 David C. Worenklein                                       GREENWICH   CAPITAL
 Operations Support                                        M a r k e t s,  Inc

* Re: Gnus message.el and mh
@ 1996-07-23  6:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-23  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Worenklein <dcw@gcm.com> writes:

> I have no problem with stripping off the "Sender" line from the
> message before passing it to send.  But if I strip off the Message-ID,
> my 'Group Carbon Copy' won't have a message-id. This makes
> 'References' or 'In-Reply-To' headers less than useful.
>
> Has anyone given this any thought?

I didn't know about this...  Is there any way to make mh-e accept
messages with Message-ID headers?